Teeny, tiny, and quick and easy! You can see how small this darling treat bag is when you see it next to the miniature Reese's Peanut Butter cups - there is room for just one inside the bag! Scroll down for video, written instructions and additional details!
Even the backside of the bag is super cute! The only stamping on this project is the greeting (from the Spooky Cat stamp set). The Jack-o-lanterns and Black Cat are from the awesome Spooky Night paper. They were cut out with the Cat Punch and the Patterned Pumpkin dies - no fussy cutting here!
Here is the side view of the bag showing how the sides are gusseted.
I used Dimensionals to attach the pumpkins and the cat to the box.
Here is the Facebook Live video on how to make this project!
- Cut your paper 3" x 6". If you are using a directional paper (words or patterns that have a direction) make sure you take that into consideration when cutting and scoring your paper.
- Place the 6" side at the top of your scoring tool. Score at 1 3/8", 2 3/4", 4 1/8", and 5 1/2"
- Turn the paper so the 3" side is across the top of your scoring tool, score at 1".
- Across the bottom of your paper you now have 4 rectangular sections (almost squares) and one small rectangle on the far right. On each of the sections, cut on the score line just up to the intersecting score line. Repeat on all squares.
- Cut the small rectangle out completely.
- Above where the small rectangle was you have a long rectangle or tab. Angle cut each end of this (as shown in the photo above) and place a piece of Tear & Tape on this section.
- Peel the backing of the Tear & Tape and attach it to the other side of the piece forming the box shape.
- Fold each of the cut sections in to form the bottom. Place a piece of Tear and Tape on the last section and adhere it to the others.
- Pinch in the sides and squeeze the top together to make the "gusseted" sides.
- Time to decorate!
The Spooky Night paper makes decorating easy! I punched out a black cat from the paper with the cat punch, then I used three of the coordinating Patterned Pumpkin Framelits Dies to cut pumpkins and Jack-o-lanterns out of the Spooky Night pattern that has all of the pumpkins on it.
To keep the bag closed I used a library clip with a bow. The bow is made from the cool Basic Black 3/8" Shimmer Ribbon which is flecked with specks of gold - so pretty! Special thanks to Stampin' Up! Demonstrator Dee Slater for her tutorial on how to make this fun project. You can see Dee's project here.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER in my online store 24-7 or click any of the pictures below to go directly to that specific item online.