I have been having a TON of fun with this Bridge Card fun fold! I love how the card stands up for display but folds flat to fit in a standard envelope. The dimensions are at the bottom of this post. In yesterday's blog post I showed you a version of this fold with the Smitten Mitten bundle and the Be Merry paper, today's card is with Good Tidings and the Christmas Around The World paper!
It's hard to tell in this photo, but I used Black Rhinestones to accent the bridge - they have a lovely sparkle when you see the card in person. I LOVE this gorgeous plaid pattern from the Christmas Around the Word Designer Series Paper - remember this fantastic paper is one of the patterns on sale this month, buy 3 packs of selected papers and get the 4th for free! Check below for all of the patterns of paper that are on sale.
Isn't this stamp set lovely?! The leaves are formed by two separate stamps which is how you get the two tone colors for the leaves. I cut the greeting out with the Layering Oval dies in my Big Shot. The oval piece is popped up on Dimensionals and then attached to the bridge piece.
The card folds flat to go into a standard size envelope!
Full photo tutorial of a bridge card can be found here.
- Card Base: 4 1/4" x 8", on the 8" side score at: 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2", 6 3/4"
- Bridge: 1" x 5 1/2"
- Exterior Decorative Side Panels: 1" x 4"
- Interior Decorative Side Panels: 1" x 4"
- Fold on all of the score lines and adhere the decorative panels.
- Stamp the inside and backside panels.
- On the backside of the bridge piece, adhere a 1" piece of Tear and Tape at each end.
- Fold the left side of the card so it is flat and adhere the left side of the bridge with the Tear and Tape.
- Accordion fold the left side on the score lines and extend the right side of the card until it is flat, then adhere the right side of the bridge.
Here are ALL of the fabulous papers that are part of the buy 3 get 1 free sale:
SALE: This week only some stamp sets and card making supplies are on sale to celebrate World Card Making Day this weekend. Check out the sale items below.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER in my online store 24-7 or click any of the pictures below to go directly to that specific item online. Here are the supplies I used for the Good Tidings bridge card: