I have two more lovely bridge cards to share with you today - I do love this fun fold! As you can see, the fold allows the card to stand for display. This first version is made of soft, lovely grays. A neutral color palate makes for a striking card! Both cards use the beautiful Night in Bethlehem Bundle which includes the stamps set and the Bethlehem Edgelits Dies. Both cards also use different patterns from the Christmas Around the World Designer Series Paper which is on sale this month! Click here for more details about the papers that are on sale.
With this angle you can see the pretty snowflakes in the patterned paper better! The cityscape dies are cut out of Basic Gray and Smoky Slate card stock and the star is cut from Silver Glimmer paper. The sprinkling of stars is a stamp image from Night In Bethlehem stamped in Basic Gray ink.
This is the greeting on the back of the card, also stamped in Basic Gray.
For the 2nd card I cut the star and the cityscape die out of Silver Foil paper. So hard to get a good photos without a reflection! In this shot you can see how the star really shines!! I added a rhinestone in the center to add to that shine! This pattern of paper from Christmas Around the World Designer Series paper has a Pool Party background and looks like softly falling snowflakes.
This is the set of Bethlehem Edgelits Dies for the Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine. Also available on it's own here or you can purchase it as a bundle with the matching stamps, with wood mounted stamps here or clear mounted stamps here. Wood mounted means the stamps come with wood blocks to permanently mount the stamps on, clear mounted means the stamps are made to be added temporarily to clear blocks which are sold separately and can be reused with other clear mounted stamp sets.
Of course like all bridge fold cards, they both fold flat to go in to the envelope.
Ready to try a bridge card? A full photo tutorial can be found here, but here are the basic measurements and instructions:
- Card Base: 4 1/4" x 8", on the 8" side score at: 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2", 6 3/4"
- Bridge: 1" x 5 1/2"
- Exterior Decorative Side Panels: 1" x 4"
- Interior Decorative Side Panels: 1" x 4"
- Inside Message Layer: 2 3/4" x 4"
- Backside Message Layer: 2 3/4" x 4"
- Fold on all of the score lines and adhere the decorative panels.
- Stamp the inside and backside panels and adhere.
- On the backside of the bridge, adhere a 1" piece of Tear and Tape at each end.
- Accordion fold the left side of the card so it is flat and adhere the left side of the bridge with the Tear and Tape.
- With the right side of the card extended and flat, adhere the right side of the bridge.
It really is a simple fold but the end result will impress your friends and family!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Remember the paper sale only goes through the end of October, check it out here.
CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER in my online store 24-7 or click any of the pictures below to go directly to that specific item online. When I use stamp sets for a project I give you both the wood and clear mount options - that way you can pick your favorite!