Fun fold time - instructions below! This bridge card stands for display....
...but also folds flat to fit in an envelope. Best of all it's quick and simple to make! Today's version is made with the Be Merry Designer Series Paper which is ON SALE as part of the buy 3 get 1 free!! For all of the papers on sale, click here.
I have a photo tutorial for you that I have uploaded to Google Docs. You can download it here.
Aren't these little mittens from the Smitten Mitten bundle adorable?! AND there is a sheet of designer paper with a mitten pattern in the Be Merry Designer Paper - perfect!
To write a message on this card, I add a panel to the pack of the card and stamped it with the cute little row of snowflakes from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set. The other two greetings "Wrapped in the Warmth of Christmas" and the inside message "Wishing you a season of joy, a season of cheer, but most of all a wonderful year" are also from the Snowflake Sentiments stamp set. Don't they go perfectly with the mittens?!
Here are all of the Designer Papers included in the buy 3 get 1 free sale, just click on any of the photos to see the patterns close up:
Ready to try a bridge card? Again, a full photo tutorial can be found here, but here are the basic measurements and instructions:
- Card Base: 4 1/4" x 8", on the 8" side score at: 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2", 6 3/4"
- Bridge Base: 1" x 5 1/2"
- Bridge Layer: 3/4" x 5 1/2"
- Exterior Decorative Side Panels: 1" x 4"
- Interior Decorative Side Panels: 1" x 4"
- Inside Message Layer: 2 3/4" x 4"
- Backside Message Layer: 2 3/4" x 4"
- Fold on all of the score lines and adhere the decorative panels.
- Stamp the inside and backside panels and adhere.
- Adhere the bridge base and the bridge layer together. On the backside of the bridge base, adhere a 1" piece of Tear and Tape at each end.
- Fold the left side of the card so it is flat and adhere the left side of the bridge with the Tear and Tape.
- With the right side of the card extended and flat, adhere the right side of the bridge.
Below is the list of supplies that I used for this version of the bridge fold card, I have more versions that I will be sharing over the next few days! Happy paper crafting!
CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER in my online store 24-7 or click any of the pictures below to go directly to that specific item online. When I use stamp sets for a project I give you both the wood and clear mount options - that way you can pick your favorite!